Animal Control

Police Officers Holding DogsFor live animal concerns in the city, please call 911. Dispatch will advise a Stanwood Deputy who will determine what steps need to be taken to address the issue. The City of Stanwood does contract with Snohomish County Animal Control but only for very limited circumstances.

City of Stanwood Public Works can be called for deceased animals on city roadways at 360-629-9781.

Lost Pets

If your pet is lost:

  • Call 911 and check with Stanwood Police Department to see if your dog was picked up.
  • Contact the Everett Animal Shelter at 425-257-6000.
  • Contact Local Veterinary Clinics.

Pet Licensing

Dogs residing in the Stanwood city limits are required to be licensed. Learn more about Dog Licensing in Stanwood.